In order to decrease traffic and make the school grounds safer for your child, we ask the following:
- Please use crosswalks.
- If you are signing your child out to leave school early, please park in a designated parking space and come in to the office.
- Drivers must remain in their cars if they are stopped in a Fire Lane. Do NOT block the busses as
they leave the property!
Fire Lanes are along the curb at the front of the building and along the outside (North) curb of the driveway.
- Children should enter/exit cars on the curb side. If they must walk to the curb, they should pass in front of their car rather than behind.
If your child is a walker (no bus service is provided to your home) and you choose to pick-up:
- If your child is a walker (no bus service is provided to your home) and you choose to pick-up:
- Parents who choose to pick up their walkers and park on adjacent streets, can come to the front lawn or have their children meet them at the Crossing Guard intersections.
- Please discuss the pick-up plan with your child. If they do not see the expected adult, please instruct them to notify a school staff member.
- If you pick up fairly regularly, you MUST contact the main office to arrange to pick up your child from the rear of the school.
Designated parking spaces can be found on the north or south parking areas - enter the south entrance and drive around the rear of the building to pass to the north (exit) parking and driveway. Only buses are to pass at the end of the school day in front of the building.
Also a reminder, in our SRS Student Handbook (p. 2), we ask the following for our morning arrival procedure:
- All students should arrive to school between 8: 17 and 8:32.
- Students may NOT be dropped off at the front of school before 8: 17. Dropping off your children at the front of the school (or allowing them to come to school early on their own) before 8:17, puts their safety at risk as they are not supervised waiting at the front of the school.
- Parents who drive their child to school must drive to the rear of the school to drop off their child. Wait in line until you are one of the first three cars to drop your child off.
- Any student arriving after 8:32 is LATE and will need to be signed in at the office. Parents MUST park and bring their child to the office to sign them in.
- BUSSES WILL DROP OFF AND PICK UP STUDENTS IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL.
- Please do not drive in front of the school between 8:00-8:40 and 2:55-3: 15, as busses will be passing in the front to drop off and pick up students.
If you find that morning chi/dcare is a problem, please call our school social worker, Ms. Diana Bonacci, to help work with you to look at other safe solutions for morning care within our community.
With your continued assistance, we can continue to improve the traffic flow and community spirit of our school all the while ensuring our student safety!
Thank you for your attention to this matter.